Friday, May 16, 2008

What's for dinner?




In order to maximize your results, you need to also take your diet seriously. Some people are fanatical about their workouts, but neglect what they eat. This will never allow you to maximize your results or performance. Others are almost religious about what and when they eat. This will undoubtedly get you results, but it may be hard to live with over the long haul. Rare are the individuals that can maintain a strict diet for a lifetime. This will lead to the infamous "falling off of the wagon."Our advice is to follow a healthy diet that enables you to optimize not only your workouts, but have the energy to lead a happy healthy life. Unless you are one of the rare individuals with a hyper sense of discipline (or if you are training for an event) we also advise you to set a diet that you can live with for the rest of your life.


Here is a good starting point when setting your diets: http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/start-diet.html


Remember, we don't look at our diets as a way to drop "that last 10lbs"! Your diet is merely fuel for the machine that is your body!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been trolling the crossfit.com boards on nutrition. the big 3 diets that everyone seems to follow are the Zone, Paleo, and Anabolic. I think I have found a mixture of the 3 that I can comfortably follow. Yet, I do not feel like I am burdening myself. I have been doing the 40/40/20 split in Fats/Protien/Carbs and feel great.

Soft and Crumply said...

Do these shorts make me look fat?

CrossFit Minnesota said...

No, but your head does.

Styx said...

Zing.......

Anonymous said...

I read the article but it doesn't mention Baconators, yes/no? Maybe w/o bun??

Soft and Crumply said...

I believe Gummi Bears and Mountain Dew are part of the Paleo diet. If it worked for cavemen then it will work for me!

Lano said...

If being fit and losing weight is your goal...diet is 90 percent of the equation. Working out is the easy part. It's your diet that will take you to the next level. With that said, I've found that 'wagon' to be extremely hard to stay on...and yes there is a one liter of Diet Dew in front of me as I write this.

Lano said...

Looking at food as fuel is a good way to view it. The more processed the food, the more you should stay away from it. You want to run race fuel; none of that ethanol crap that gives you fewer mpg's :p

CrossFit Minnesota said...

That Diet Dew is like Kryptonite to Lano. I can hear him getting weaker as I type this. It is like the sound of a balloon deflating. Poor little chicken legged guy.

Soft and Crumply said...

More like crack than kryptonite.

I'll start this meeting of "Mountain Dew Anonymous".. Hello, my name is Mark and I am an addict.